On a regular basis, the „Professional Campus“ team at Witten/Herdecke University offers courses and seminars for shareholders, successors, members of entrepreneurial families as well as persons who are genreally interested in the topic ‘Family Business.’ In this customized training series, lecturers of the WIFU offer thematic workshops regarding specific questions and problems of family businesses.
In 2017/2018 the Professional Campus of Witten/Herdecke University offers the following seminars:
Qualification program – Shareholder competence
As of July 2017, the third class of the qualification program is offered on the subject of shareholder competence. In four modules not only the relevant shareholder knowledge is presented, but in exchange among the participants and the speakers, the content will be practically applied. The target group are current and future shareholders of family businesses, that want to build and/or strengthen their skills as a shareholder in order to meet the challenges professionally and become more assured as a shareholder.
- 22.-24. June 2018
– The features of family businesses
– The different roles of family members in business and family
– Different conditions, but similar challenges for the family
- 09.-11. November 2018
– Fundamentals of business administration and management
– Financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss account)
– Cost accounting
– Strategy development and leadership
- 08.-10. March 2019
– Family policy and family governance
– Dynamics of succession and staffing of committees
– Communication and conflict management
- 24.-26. June 2019
– Legal framework of family businesses
– Shareholder of a family businesses
– Tax law for shareholders
- 13.-14. September 2019
For more information and registration please contact the team of „Professional Campus“ at Witten/Herdecke University, Sebastian Benkhofer, phone: +49 (0) 2302 926-754.
For WIFU events and cooperations please contact: